Indian Polity: (Vol: 2) Indian Polity for IAS Mains
There are three volumes of GS SCORE’s Mains series pertaining to Indian Polity. They have a wide range scope of issues covered making them very valuable study materials for the UPSC IAS Mains examination.
Volume-II: Government Organs in India.
Indian Polity: UPSC Study Material of Indian Polity -II for IAS Mains
What is GS SCORE covering in these Polity UPSC Mains notes?
Volume-II is the Government Organs in India.
It includes in detail about the issues related to:
- The Union Executive: The President, the Vice-President, the Prime Minister, and the Council of Ministers.
- The State Executive: The Governor, the Chief Ministers, and the state council of ministers.
- The Administration of the Union territories
- The Union Legislature: The Parliament, its functions, membership, sessions, composition, changes in the election procedure of the Rajya Sabha, Parliamentary privileges, the anti-defection law, etc.
- The State Legislature: Assembly, Councils, procedure and the comparison of the two houses.
- Centre-State Relations: Role of the Governor, misuse of A-356, Sarkaria Commission, Punchhi Commission.
- The Indian Judiciary: The Supreme Court, the High Courts, and the Subordinate Courts. Judicial Review, Judicial activism, and reforms.