Indian Polity: Indian Polity for IAS Mains (Vol: 1)
Indian Polity: UPSC Study Material of Indian Polity-I for IAS Mains
What is GS SCORE covering in these Polity UPSC Mains notes?
There are three volumes of GS SCORE’s Mains series pertaining to Indian Polity. They have a wide range scope of issues covered making them very valuable study materials for the UPSC CSE Mains examination. They delve into the Indian political, civil and constitutional issues. They have been completely revised and are updated with recent developments. They form a major part of GS Paper-II and can be used in Essay and Optional Paper too.
Volume-I is the Constitutional Framework of India.
It includes in detail about the issues related to:
- The Constitution – its functions, classification, Constitutionalism, and the separation of powers doctrine.
- The Constitution of India – Its evolution since ancient and medieval times and the salient features of the present Constitution with the Preamble.
- The Basic Structure Doctrine – its evolution, the important Supreme Court judgements, and the components of the basic structure.
- The territory of the Union and the Creation of the states
- Citizenship: the constitutional provisions, recent legislation, dual citizenship, etc.
- Fundamental Rights and Fundamental Duties
- The Directive Principles of State Policy
- Amendment provisions and debates
- Comparative analysis of the Indian Constitution: The separation of power in the USA and the UK and their different constitutional features has been discussed in detail.