Governance: Study Material of Governance for IAS Mains
Study Material of Governance for IAS Mains
What is GS SCORE covering in this Governance in India for Mains notes?
The following volume is a part of GS SCORE Mains series related to the issues pertaining to Governance in India. Governance includes all political aspects and processes that exist in and between formal governing institutions. It is the manner in which power is exercised in the management of a country’s economic and social resources for development. These things are very important to be understood by IAS aspirants. It is more focused on delivering upon the subject and the information has been strung together coherently to create a pattern that promotes easy learning.
These include issues related to:
- Transparency and Accountability: Good Governance Concepts, Citizens’ Charter, Sevottam Model, ARC’s Seven Step Model, e-Governance Initiatives and Challenges, Right to Information, Role in Civil Services in a Democracy, etc.
- Schemes of the central government for the diverse sector such as poverty alleviation, marginalized sections, income generation, etc.
- Policies: Important policy initiatives and recommendation of various important government bodies.
- Socio-Economic Development: Concept of Human Development, Understanding Poverty, Hunger, Education, and Health.
- Schemes for the Welfare of the
- Vulnerable sections;
- the Scheduled Castes;
- Scheduled Tribes;
- People with Disabilities;
- Senior Citizens;
- Children; and