Art & Culture for IAS Mains
This Book includes following issues related to:
Art and Culture
- Indian Culture: An Introduction
- Language & Literature
- Religion & Philosophy
- Indian Paintings
- Performing Arts
- Music, Dance & Drama
- Indian Architecture – I
- Indian Architecture – II
- Pottery & Indus Valley Civilization Art & Crafts
UPSC Study Material of Art & Culture for IAS Mains
What is GS SCORE covering in this Art and Culture notes?
The following volume is part of GS SCORE Mains series related to History: World History, Art and Culture, Modern Indian History, and Post-Independence History of India. They form a major portion of the GS Paper-I, and also help in the Essay and Optional Papers. The material is a comprehensive solution to the vows of IAS aspirants who need all the material compiled in one place as one and only source. These are fully updated editions with in-depth coverage highlighting socio-religious and cultural developments with concepts and illustrations like maps, photographs, diagrams, and flowcharts.
These include issues related to:
- World History: Industrial Revolution, French Revolution, Nationalism in Europe, Colonialism and Imperialism, World War-I, Russian Revolution, World War-II, Decolonisation, Political Philosophies, Cold War, Post-Cold War, etc.
- Art and Culture: Language and Literature, Religion and Philosophy, Paintings, Performing Arts: Music, Dance, and Drama, Architecture, Sculpture, Pottery, etc.
- Modern Indian History: Advent of Europeans, British Administration and Policies, Early Resistance to British Rule in India, Struggle by the Masses, Social Reforms, Rise of Nationalism in India and the Freedom Struggle Movement with a detailed list of the British Governor-Generals, and prominent Indian Personalities, etc.
- Post-Independence History: State Reorganisation, Emergency, Linguistic Regionalism, Overview of the Economy, Tribal Issues, Evolution of Women Movements, Agrarian Struggles, Caste and Social Consolidation, Regionalism, Linguistic Movements, Environment Movements, etc.