Indian Economy: Contemporary Issues for UPSC Mains 2019
Contemporary issues are one of the most important segments of UPSC CSE Mains examination. The in-depth understanding of these issues provides an edge to the aspirants while writing GS-Mains papers as well as in some optional subjects. These issues also help the aspirants in Personality Test after qualifying the Mains Examination.
How is GS SCORE covering these contemporary issues?
It is in this context GS SCORE has started a novel initiative called “Quality Improvement Program (QIP)” to cover holistically all the contemporary issues which are important from the UPSC Mains point of view. The Quality Improvement Program of GS SCORE will provide the aspirants an in-depth understanding of important contemporary issues ranging from Economy, Environment, and International Relations to Polity and Governance.
The following two volumes are part of GS SCORE QIP series related to contemporary issues pertaining to Indian Economy. These include issues related to:
- Agriculture: Such as doubling the farmer’s income, revised MSPs, Food Processing, Diversification of crops, new methods of farming –organic and zero budget, micro-irrigation, programs and policies etc.
- Banking: Such as NPAs, NBFCs crises, autonomy of RBI, new regulations regarding financial data localization, etc.
- Fiscal Policy: Review of FRBM, current challenges to fiscal consolidation, disinvestment etc.
- Other macro-economic issues: Growth, development, unemployment, trade deficit, poverty etc.
- International issues: Protectionism, trade war, WTO crises, rise of unilateralism.