Governance: Contemporary Issues for UPSC Mains 2019
Contemporary issues are one of the most important segments of UPSC CSE Mains examination. The in-depth understanding of these issues provides an edge to the aspirants while writing GS-Mains papers as well as in some optional subjects. These issues also help the aspirants in Personality Test after qualifying the Mains Examination.
How is GSSCORE covering these contemporary issues?
It is in this context GSSCORE has started a novel initiative called “Quality Improvement Program (QIP)” to cover holistically all the contemporary issues which are important from the UPSC Mains point of view. The Quality Improvement Program of GSSCORE will provide the aspirants an in-depth understanding of important contemporary issues ranging from Economy, Environment, and International Relations to Polity and Governance.
The following volume is a part of GSSCORE QIP series related to contemporary issues pertaining to Governance in India. These include issues related to:
- Transparency and Accountability: Recent developments and measures
- Schemes of the central government for diverse sector such as poverty alleviation, marginalized sections, income generation etc.
- Organization and bodies: Recent structural changes in various bodies, powers and responsibilities etc.
- Policies: Important policy initiatives and recommendation of various important government bodies.
- Besides above, governance issues such as inter-state water disputes, media, cyber security etc are separately dealt in this volume.