Ethics and Integrity(GS Paper IV) Section A&B: Answer Writing Workbook 2021
Answer Writing Workbook: UPSC IAS Mains 2021
Ethics and Integrity under General Studies 4 holds immense significance in UPSC mains preparation. It gives candidate scope to ponder over the various ethical rules and principles, dilemmas, rightful conduct, justice, honesty etc. UPSC demands understanding and practical application of such concepts related to Ethics as well as implementation in real life situations where a bureaucrats faces dilemmas
GS Score Ethics Workbook covers both these aspects; it helps in conceptual understanding of various concepts and issues as well as case studies to cover most crucial aspect of syllabus
How will the workbook help students?
It will help in proper understanding of the subject and in addressing the demands of the question skillfully. It is designed in a manner that student will learn application of concepts and effective coverage of syllabus through question and answer format. To gain maximum out of it student must first attempt each of the set on own and then compare with model hints given. Such an exercise will help in answer writing practice and in enrichment of answers.
The GS SCORE Ethics workbook consists of questions from the following topics:
- Section A: Total 10 Sets
- Ethics and Human Interface: Essence, determinants and consequences of Ethics in-human actions; dimensions of ethics; ethics – in private and public relationships. Human Values – lessons from the lives and teachings of great leaders, reformers and administrators; role of family society and educational institutions in inculcating values.
- Attitude: content, structure, function; its influence and relation with thought and behaviour; moral and political attitudes; social influence and persuasion.
- (Aptitude and foundational values for Civil Service, integrity, impartiality and non-partisanship, objectivity, dedication to public service, empathy, tolerance and compassion towards the weaker-sections.
- Emotional intelligence-concepts, and their utilities and application in administration and governance.
- Contributions of moral thinkers and philosophers from India and world.
- Public/Civil service values and Ethics in Public administration: Status and problems; ethical concerns and dilemmas in government and private institutions; laws, rules, regulations and conscience as sources of ethical guidance; accountability and ethical governance; strengthening of ethical and moral values in governance; ethical issues in international relations and funding; corporate governance.
- Probity in Governance: Concept of public service; Philosophical basis of governance and probity; Information sharing and transparency in government, Right to Information, Codes of Ethics, Codes of Conduct, Citizen’s Charters, Work culture, Quality of service delivery, Utilization of public funds, challenges of corruption.
- Section B: Total 11 sets
- Case Studies on above issues.