Economy (GS Paper III) Answer Writing Workbook: UPSC IAS Mains 2021
ECONOMY(GS Paper III) Answer Writing Workbook:
UPSC IAS Mains 2021
Indian economy forms an important part of UPSC mains syllabus. Like all subjects, it cannot be studied in isolation. It requires conceptual clarity along with understanding of all the relevant topics for the syllabus. GS score Economy workbook thus aims to give valuable and holistic preparation of Indian economy.
How will the workbook help students?
The workbook covers important concepts and larger issues related to Indian economy. It will help students in coverage of syllabus and students will learn to address the demands of questions skillfully. For its maximum use, a student must first attempt sets on his own and then compare them with model hints given in the workbook. It will help them in building confidence related to answer writing and also plug any loopholes or weak areas in their preparation of Indian economy.
The GS SCORE workbooks consist of questions from the following topics:
- Total 19 sets:
- Covering Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment.
- Inclusive growth and issues arising from it.
- Government Budgeting.
- Major crops cropping patterns in various parts of the country, different types of irrigation and irrigation systems storage, transport and marketing of agricultural produce and issues and related constraints; e-technology in the aid of farmers
- Issues related to direct and indirect farm subsidies and minimum support prices; Public Distribution System objectives, functioning, limitations, revamping; issues of buffer stocks and food security; Technology missions; economics of animal-rearing.
- Food processing and related industries in India- scope and significance, location, upstream and downstream requirements, supply chain management.
- Land reforms in India.
- Effects of liberalization on the economy, changes in industrial policy and their effects on industrial growth.
- Infrastructure: Energy, Ports, Roads, Airports, Railways etc.
- Investment models.