Answer Writing Workbook (GS Paper I): UPSC IAS Mains 2021
Answer Writing Workbook (GS Paper 1): UPSC IAS Mains 2021
With the increasing unpredictability of the types of questions being asked in the UPSC IAS examination, it becomes very important for IAS aspirants to begin and continue to practice answer writing. This will prove to be very helpful and fruitful while preparing for the most coveted civil services. The workbooks are designed in a way that enables the students to understand their weak areas and improve upon them.
Thus, the GS SCORE Workbook for GS is essential for the students for subjects such as:
- Indian Heritage and Culture,
- Indian Pre- and Post-Independence History
- World History
- Indian Society and Globalisation
- World and Indian Geography
How will the workbook help serious aspirants?
The Workbooks have been designed in a way that follows the trends of the UPSC IAS Mains examination giving the aspirants only valuable and holistic practice of answer writing. Each set of the Workbook covers significant portions of the subject in 10-11 questions.
The GS SCORE history workbook consists of questions from the following topics:
Total 20 sets
- Covering Indian culture will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, Literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times.
- Modern Indian history from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present- significant events, personalities, issues.
- The Freedom Struggle – its various stages and important contributors /contributions from different parts of the country.
- Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country.
- History of the world will include events from 18th century such as industrial revolution, world wars, redrawing of national boundaries, colonization, decolonization, political philosophies like communism, capitalism, socialism etc., their forms and effect on the society. Society (5 sets in total)
Total 5 sets
- Covering Salient features of the Indian Society along with Diversity of India.
- Role of women and women’s organization, population and associated issues, poverty and developmental issues, urbanization, their problems and their remedies.
- Effects of globalization on Indian society.
- Social empowerment, communalism, regionalism and secularism
Total 20 sets
- Salient features of world’s physical geography.
- Distribution of key natural resources across the world (including South Asia and the Indian sub-continent); factors responsible for the location of primary, secondary, and tertiary sector industries in various parts of the world (including India)
- Important Geophysical phenomena such as earthquakes, Tsunami, Volcanic activity, cyclone etc., geographical features and their location- changes in critical geographical features (including water-bodies and ice-caps) and in flora and fauna and the effects of such changes.